Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Indian Announces HP and Torque Increase for 2018 TS111 Models  (Read 374 times)

Offline Roadie

• In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
Indian Announces HP and Torque Increase for 2018 TS111 Models
« on: November 08, 2017, 12:07:50 PM »
Frome Indian's online post:

Indian Motorcycle today announced that all of its 2018 models with the Thunder Stroke 111 engine have increased power and torque.

"With motorcycles now having to meet EU4 emission rules, there has been an on-going homologation process at Spirit Lake to ensure Indian offers the best products possible.

As such, for 2018, all of the Thunder Stroke 111 engined models have a 15hp increase in power and a 15Nm increase in torque (models now have 84hp and 150Nm).

Indian Motorcycle’s International Product Manager, Ben Lindaman commented: “Indian’s engineering team achieved the increase in power and torque by removing intake restrictions, equipping the bikes with better flowing exhaust, and optimising the calibration for this setup. The results are a substantial 21% power increase and an improved throaty exhaust tone as well.”

>------->  >------->  >------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

Offline Gearset807

Re: Indian Announces HP and Torque Increase for 2018 TS111 Models
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
If they had only not discontinued the Red Springfield for 2018. I would buy a 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cowboy

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 12:49:31 AM »
The description sounds like what I did to my 2014 model.  and I can feel the substantial increase in power.
Richard
'14 Indian Chief Classic, Blue, #1317
“The last time that damn cowboy laughed at me, I shot him. Of course, I waited until another gunslinger gunned him down first, but nevertheless, I still shot him.”

Offline jayred1

• Gotta love Red
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
Since this was an EMEA (European, Middle East, Africa) announcement and it was made by Indian's International Product Manager, it is undetermined (but likely) that this only applies to bikes being shipped overseas.  These bikes have additional restrictive "add-ons" to meet EU4 emission requirements.  Others have asked Indian reps this question and received a reply that references this improvement being limited to non-US bikes.  If this was truly applicable to "all" 111s, Indian would be shouting it far and wide ... and we'd be watching Indian promo videos of bikes doing amazing burnouts rather than reading a short news post.

Offline Roadie

• In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 11:09:02 PM »
Since this was an EMEA (European, Middle East, Africa) announcement and it was made by Indian's International Product Manager, it is undetermined (but likely) that this only applies to bikes being shipped overseas.  These bikes have additional restrictive "add-ons" to meet EU4 emission requirements.  Others have asked Indian reps this question and received a reply that references this improvement being limited to non-US bikes.  If this was truly applicable to "all" 111s, Indian would be shouting it far and wide ... and we'd be watching Indian promo videos of bikes doing amazing burnouts rather than reading a short news post.
I asked the Indian Rep that was visiting my Dealer when I stopped by yesterday at my Dealer.

He says that this applies to ALL 2018  TS111 Models.

I told him its kind of like the Stage One and Two flashes that I did on my 2015 to get more HP and Torque, all he did was smile at me with no comment.

But bet he really doesn't know crap and it means that the Euro models now match up with the models in North America on HP and Torque.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:29:17 PM by Roadie »
>------->  >------->  >------->