Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: LED headlight for Chieftain or RM  (Read 4488 times)

Offline lorenknuckles19

• Registered-2
Re: LED headlight for Chieftain or RM
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 12:00:13 am »
I was riding with my Harley buddies and noticed their " day maker" headlights put my stock RM LED to shame.....far brighter.  I want to be seen like they are.  Has anyone found a really bright plug n play LED light for the fairing Indians?
Indian has a led headlight but obviously is expensive, kuryakyn has one too at a good price or you can replace your stock bulb with an H4 Led one as the cheapest option.

Enviado desde mi LG-H840 mediante Tapatalk
I'm lookin

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

ChiefMotorcycleForum
  • Advertisement

Offline lorenknuckles19

• Registered-2
    « Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 12:05:30 am »
    Ironhorse lights sells a knockoff of a JW Speaker light. There are lots of options available elsewhere too. The light is 7" so look for lights in this size. You might have to do some trimming of the plastic bucket behind the light, but that's really easy.
    When that light from high to low is there vary little variability ?

Offline RedCloud

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:02 am »
    I was riding with my Harley buddies and noticed their " day maker" headlights put my stock RM LED to shame.....far brighter.  I want to be seen like they are.  Has anyone found a really bright plug n play LED light for the fairing Indians?
    Indian has a led headlight but obviously is expensive, kuryakyn has one too at a good price or you can replace your stock bulb with an H4 Led one as the cheapest option.

Just put a LED bulb in it , it's a lot cheaper and works fine. I've had it in both my Chieftain's for a few yrs alons with a few of the IMRG friends.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Redcloud, 2016 Red Chieftain "totaled my 14", Susquehanna IMRG 1903,
    03 Harley FB

Dennis

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember. But they kept but one--They promised to take our land...and they took it." Chief Red Cloud of the Oglala Lakota Sioux

Offline lorenknuckles19

• Registered-2
    « Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 11:57:16 am »

Just put a LED bulb in it , it's a lot cheaper and works fine. I've had it in both my Chieftain's for a few yrs alons with a few of the IMRG friends.

Question, I tried the LED bulb and it came on then went out. Then a blue light came on my  dash. So what happened ? I know what the blue light is. Why no light ?

Offline RedCloud

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 12:44:35 pm »

Question, I tried the LED bulb and it came on then went out. Then a blue light came on my  dash. So what happened ? I know what the blue light is. Why no light ?

Hummm not sure , what do you ride ? I've had them in my 14,15 &. 16 Chieftain's with no problems. They actually draw less power than stock bulbs . At worst you should have thrown a code , never heard of one doing that . I will go out to my shop and get the bulb # first chance off my extra ones. Matter fact the first one I bought was from my Indian dealer " at a inflated cost of course lol" and they even told me they worked good . The only thing you have to do is adjust one of the tabs other wise it's plug and go. The only real difference is the projection when compared to the $300+ lights. These bulbs are bright and you see the same area as stock just a lot better.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:47:19 pm by RedCloud »
    03 Harley FB

Dennis

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember. But they kept but one--They promised to take our land...and they took it." Chief Red Cloud of the Oglala Lakota Sioux

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
      • In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
    « Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 02:11:03 pm »
    JW Speaker LED Headlight is the brightest headlight that I have had on any of my 22 Motorcycles in my 56 years of riding.

Bright as or a little more brighter than Harleys.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

>------->  >------->  >------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

Offline lorenknuckles19

• Registered-2
    « Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:23 pm »

Hummm not sure , what do you ride ? I've had them in my 14,15 &. 16 Chieftain's with no problems. They actually draw less power than stock bulbs . At worst you should have thrown a code , never heard of one doing that . I will go out to my shop and get the bulb # first chance off my extra ones. Matter fact the first one I bought was from my Indian dealer " at a inflated cost of course lol" and they even told me they worked good . The only thing you have to do is adjust one of the tabs other wise it's plug and go. The only real difference is the projection when compared to the $300+ lights. These bulbs are bright and you see the same area as stock just a lot better.

A code ? You mean if I use a electric heated vest I need to put a code where and how do I obtain that code. E moderate lol

Offline lorenknuckles19

• Registered-2
    « Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 05:14:36 pm »

A code ? You mean if I use a electric heated vest I need to put a code where and how do I obtain that code. E moderate lol

That mean everything I add electronic I need a code ?

Offline lorenknuckles19

• Registered-2
    « Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:36 pm »

2014 Chieftian

Offline RedCloud

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 05:47:02 am »

No there is no code it's the code the bike gives if there is a problem. Actually if I tell you the secret code I will get thrown out of the secret club lol. But if your a Navajo Windtalker I can tell you 🤫

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 05:48:57 am by RedCloud »
    03 Harley FB

Dennis

Offline lorenknuckles19

• Registered-2
    « Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 10:48:11 am »

No there is no code it's the code the bike gives if there is a problem. Actually if I tell you the secret code I will get thrown out of the secret club lol. But if your a Navajo Windtalker I can tell you 🤫

Lake superior Ojibway lol thanks

Offline RideMaster

• Full Member-10016
    • RM
    « Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 04:14:07 pm »
    All good info.  Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Master your ride🏍✈️🛥