Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Indian Announces HP and Torque Increase for 2018 TS111 Models  (Read 5557 times)

Offline bwana6

• Hero Member-10018
Re: Indian Announces HP and Torque Increase for 2018 TS111 Models
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 12:25:10 pm »
Or had to deal with the OTHER forum,LOL!

Regards,Tom
The other forum is controlled  by Maggie now lol Its A New World Order over there.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Yes its the new left there now and nothing about technical stuff but let someone post a thread about forgetting his gas cap at a damn gas station and it goes for 60 or 70 hits..................or anything anti - Harley gets front row center while Indian problems/recalls are simply a 'slip at the factory'. Or cigars. Or when global warming thread gets to where she does not like it. Funny stuff.............

ChiefMotorcycleForum
  • Advertisement

Offline bwana6

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 12:29:38 pm »
    I posted some info on another forum regarding stage 3 kits but did not post anything here yet.I did not want to cause a $hit storm but here goes.

If you notice the Stage 3 Big Bore kits only work on 2017 & up models.Sorry to say but the aforementioned years may need new heads or a different flash(I think Indian is still working out the bugs for older models) in air management with the added displacement in regards to heat & epa requirements.

Indian changed the heads on late 2016 & up models(note there is a different part number for the heads).

If you think about massaging a stock set of heads(or just a little change on the intake for mass production) & changing mechanical gear timing 2 degrees, it is possible to improve tq through out the rpm range.
    My 2017 Limited w/Lloydz mufflers, A/C  stage 1 flash w/ power vision cx pulls all the way to redline with out falling off anywhere.It feels stronger than my 2014 Chieftain stage 2 cams mufflers A/C & powervision cx.

Regards,Tom

Regards,Tom

You of all people would probably know but was the head change made to INCREASE air flow? Or was this a valve related issue? I do not know. Indian does NOT post service bulletins/technical service bulletins like other manufacturers do so many people go unalerted on a lot of things. This would certainly not be a big deal but Polaris keeps this in secrecy and it only comes out with investigations on to why things do not fit, work on this yr model, ect. It should not. Half the time the techs do not even know.

Offline Axxman

• Full Member-10016
    « Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 12:38:12 pm »
    Frome Indian's online post:

Indian Motorcycle today announced that all of its 2018 models with the Thunder Stroke 111 engine have increased power and torque.

"With motorcycles now having to meet EU4 emission rules, there has been an on-going homologation process at Spirit Lake to ensure Indian offers the best products possible.

As such, for 2018, all of the Thunder Stroke 111 engined models have a 15hp increase in power and a 15Nm increase in torque (models now have 84hp and 150Nm).

Indian Motorcycle’s International Product Manager, Ben Lindaman commented: “Indian’s engineering team achieved the increase in power and torque by removing intake restrictions, equipping the bikes with better flowing exhaust, and optimising the calibration for this setup. The results are a substantial 21% power increase and an improved throaty exhaust tone as well.”

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this??
    2018 Chieftain classic Thunder black
    2014 Chief Vintage (Traded)
    IMRG  President
    Maine Pine tree chapter #1968

Offline jayred1

• Hero Member-10018
    • Gotta love Red
    « Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 06:30:59 pm »

Regards,Tom
    The other forum is controlled  by Maggie now lol Its A New World Order over there.

Yes its the new left there now and nothing about technical stuff but let someone post a thread about forgetting his gas cap at a damn gas station and it goes for 60 or 70 hits..................or anything anti - Harley gets front row center while Indian problems/recalls are simply a 'slip at the factory'. Or cigars. Or when global warming thread gets to where she does not like it. Funny stuff.............

Funny how you left this forum (got a temp ban?) after they finally took action with a few problem members.  You went to that forum and frequently bashed this forum for being heavy-handed and "too left-leaning".  Now that you got the boot there, you're back here complaining about them.  Maybe the forum admins aren't the problem ...

The difference is the admin actions were too slow here and most members left - now only a few posts/day.  Much more activity on that forum.
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:34:16 pm by jayred1 »

Offline 133

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 07:45:15 pm »

Funny how you left this forum (got a temp ban?) after they finally took action with a few problem members.  You went to that forum and frequently bashed this forum for being heavy-handed and "too left-leaning".  Now that you got the boot there, you're back here complaining about them.  Maybe the forum admins aren't the problem ...

The difference is the admin actions were too slow here and most members left - now only a few posts/day.  Much more activity on that forum.

I do not see the point of making statements such as this.

Offline K2V2

• Super Moderators-5
    • Hero Member-10018
      • Indian Motorcycle Riders Group of Northern New Jersey
    « Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 09:21:34 pm »

I do not see the point of making statements such as this.

Agreed. I wasn't even sure who he's referring to.
    Kevin 
    Luceo Non Uro - Sparta Elks #2356 - IMRGNNJ Chapter 1910
    2016 Victory Vision Tour - Blue Fire
    2013 Victory Vision Tour - Sunset Red
    2008 Victory Vision Tour - Midnight Cherry

Offline redvintage

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 09:32:34 pm »
    Anyone heard from Lon lately?  :)

Offline K2V2

• Super Moderators-5
    • Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 09:36:53 pm »
    Kevin 

Offline redvintage

• Sr. Member-10017

Offline TOMCENTRAL

• Hero Member-10018
    • Viet-Nam Vet
    « Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 10:02:22 pm »
    I posted some info on another forum regarding stage 3 kits but did not post anything here yet.I did not want to cause a $hit storm but here goes.

If you notice the Stage 3 Big Bore kits only work on 2017 & up models.Sorry to say but the aforementioned years may need new heads or a different flash(I think Indian is still working out the bugs for older models) in air management with the added displacement in regards to heat & epa requirements.

Indian changed the heads on late 2016 & up models(note there is a different part number for the heads).

Basically the heads have improved Squish area( or Quench ).

A factory head job...

Regards,Tom

If you think about massaging a stock set of heads(or just a little change on the intake for mass production) & changing mechanical gear timing 2 degrees, it is possible to improve tq through out the rpm range.
    My 2017 Limited w/Lloydz mufflers, A/C  stage 1 flash w/ power vision cx pulls all the way to redline with out falling off anywhere.It feels stronger than my 2014 Chieftain stage 2 cams mufflers A/C & powervision cx.

Regards,Tom

Regards,Tom

You of all people would probably know but was the head change made to INCREASE air flow? Or was this a valve related issue? I do not know. Indian does NOT post service bulletins/technical service bulletins like other manufacturers do so many people go unalerted on a lot of things. This would certainly not be a big deal but Polaris keeps this in secrecy and it only comes out with investigations on to why things do not fit, work on this yr model, ect. It should not. Half the time the techs do not even know.
    I tried to be reasonable once,I didn't like it!

Offline Axxman

• Full Member-10016
    « Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 06:39:25 am »

Indian Motorcycle today announced that all of its 2018 models with the Thunder Stroke 111 engine have increased power and torque.

"With motorcycles now having to meet EU4 emission rules, there has been an on-going homologation process at Spirit Lake to ensure Indian offers the best products possible.

As such, for 2018, all of the Thunder Stroke 111 engined models have a 15hp increase in power and a 15Nm increase in torque (models now have 84hp and 150Nm).

Indian Motorcycle’s International Product Manager, Ben Lindaman commented: “Indian’s engineering team achieved the increase in power and torque by removing intake restrictions, equipping the bikes with better flowing exhaust, and optimising the calibration for this setup. The results are a substantial 21% power increase and an improved throaty exhaust tone as well.”

?????
    2018 Chieftain classic Thunder black
    2014 Chief Vintage (Traded)
    IMRG  President
    Maine Pine tree chapter #1968

Offline TOMCENTRAL

• Hero Member-10018
    • Viet-Nam Vet
    « Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 10:40:06 am »

here is one of many articles that I have found on this subject.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/11/20/indian-116-big-bore-kit-111-thunder-stroke-20-hp-gains/

Regards,Tom

?????

Offline TOMCENTRAL

• Hero Member-10018
    • Viet-Nam Vet

Offline bwana6

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 10:29:38 am »

Regards,Tom

OK, the rumor mill king has spoken I guess. Take a break dude. Many got temporary bans for answering a pro Muslim / Sharia Law rant from this goatlocker95 individual. Thats all over. Apparently you live for this stuff but many here have a lot more going on instead of searching forums to see who got a 30 day ban or permanent boot. I think many that got booted were innocent people answering a baited question. Who knows?
    Yes much more activity on 'that' forum but its all about the flowers one passed on the road that day or who glanced at their bike at a stop light, or what the women there think about wearing bandana's, ect. But if that captivates you, then God Bless

Unlike a lot of people, those of us who live in 12 month riding season do not sit in front of the computer 7 days a week either. I have two bikes going to the Vegas auction in January and plenty of stuff going on at both places. So when one does not check 'into' the recipe club forums it does not mean they are banned or anything else. Just their lives are a little more busier than yours. Easy deal to understand.
    So relax. If you all miss Lon I am sure he is on a forum somewhere with a different name and Big Daddy is on the Kawasaki forum. Got that from the other 'recipe club' forum.
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:46:26 am by bwana6 »

Offline K2V2

• Super Moderators-5
    • Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #29 on: December 02, 2017, 03:03:58 pm »
    So relax. If you all miss Lon I am sure he is on a forum somewhere with a different name and Big Daddy is on the Kawasaki forum. Got that from the other 'recipe club' forum.

Goodie gum drops.

OK, guys, easy does it please.
    Kevin