Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: LED highlight troubleshooting  (Read 123 times)

Offline mike_a

LED highlight troubleshooting
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:37:45 PM »
Could someone offer some advice relatively new to bikes and very new to Indian. I ordered an Daymaker & modified the housing as I saw some have done.  After reinstall though I noticed two issues:

1. the headlight doesn't come on automatically like it used to when I hit the push to start

2. The high pitch tone that you hear when you press the push to start has changed...seems as if there are pauses in between the tone now. Don't know what that sound is in the 1st place ECM maybe?

Something I should be concerned about? Maybe someone has run into the same problem. Appreciate any help

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline BPHORSEGUY

Re: LED highlight troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »
Are you talking about the fuel pump sound when you first power up? If that is intermittent I suggest you get some professional help sooner then later!

Offline mike_a

Re: LED highlight troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:06:53 AM »
Are you talking about the fuel pump sound when you first power up? If that is intermittent I suggest you get some professional help sooner then later!
I'll get it checked out

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk