Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Oil leaks between cases behind starter  (Read 496 times)

Offline bwana6

Re: Oil leaks between cases behind starter
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 12:12:15 PM »
A bit off topic I know, but can anyone tell me if the 5 Years is transferable ? I bought a 2014 Chief in 2017 with 48,000 kms and just wondering if they have any obligation.

If you bought it from a dealer they 'should' have transfered that warranty. Only a dealer can do that. If bought from a private party then you have to physically go in and get it handled and do bring sales stuff so they know you are the real owner now ( registration, ect )
Its painless but a mild hassle if the dealer did not do this............assuming you bought this from an Indian store. Otherwise, you must do it and please do it halfway quickly because I think there is a time limit.

Offline ndncowboy

Re: Oil leaks between cases behind starter
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »
A bit off topic I know, but can anyone tell me if the 5 Years is transferable ? I bought a 2014 Chief in 2017 with 48,000 kms and just wondering if they have any obligation.

If you bought it from a dealer they 'should' have transfered that warranty. Only a dealer can do that. If bought from a private party then you have to physically go in and get it handled and do bring sales stuff so they know you are the real owner now ( registration, ect )
Its painless but a mild hassle if the dealer did not do this............assuming you bought this from an Indian store. Otherwise, you must do it and please do it halfway quickly because I think there is a time limit.

Sometimes there are time limits in which to complete a transfer. Typically 30 - 90 days. I have no idea if this is one but I wouldn't drag my feet just in case if you are getting one transferred.
The only reason some people are still alive is because it's against the law to shoot them.
American Legion Rider