Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Indian Sales are Up Once Again.  (Read 1715 times)

Offline bwana6

Re: Indian Sales are Up Once Again.
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2017, 10:57:38 PM »
Or finding out lying posing phony vets like baldhead who claims VN service but was born in Sept 73..........months after the pullout.

Totally agree with you on the stolen valor but to be accurate the last troops left VN on April 30, 1975.

Operation Baby lift. Operation Frequent Wind. Operation New Life.

You are technically correct as the embassy contingent, probably larger than most anywhere, was left there until April 75. 1/46 Inf ( 196th Inf Brigade ) was last combat unit to leave and its a riot to see postings of 'last guy there' claims. Interesting stuff. My last unit was F Trp 8th Cav of the 196th so I see the monthly newsletters. But better yet, the Mayaguez Incident off of the Cambodian coast was the last battle per say and that was in May of 75, a costly little deal there with 3 Marines left to die at the hands of the Khmer Rouge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayaguez_incident

Also if you count Cambodia, the Military Equipment Delivery Team at Pochentong Airport was there until the final blow there about the same time but small numbers, like under 30 people and they were awarded both the VN Service and VN Campaign ribbons.
So then this makes baldhead 1 yr and 7 months old when the war ended in 4/75 thus making him technically 'alive' but hardly a VN vet as claimed. Oh well..........we see this all the time. Funny but sad in a way.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:34:28 PM by bwana6 »

Offline bwana6

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »

... My Uncle was a Green Beret in Laos, VietNam. He and my Dad were the two men that I have respected most in my Life. ...

You are a good man, Mike.  And God bless your father and uncle.  It is men like them that we should worship rather than over-paid idiots who refuse to stand for the American national anthem.

Like Hall of Famer Jim Brown said.................

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-jim-brown-colin-kaepernick-20170828-story.html

But someone tell me what Marshawn Lynch meant by kneeling during the US anthem in Mexico City but standing for the Mexican anthem ?

It is quite obvious none of these overpaid players never slept one night in a third world toilet to understand that this is one great place to live. Just very non - educated people making very stupid decisions and making them at the wrong place.

I applaud Jerry Jones and a few other clubs for their stance on the standing for the anthem and certainly the no backbone Steelers who said it 'was too controversial' to make a stance. This has soured many on the NFL along with an equally spineless Roger Goodall who rakes in 30 million a year for really doing not much. But where else in the world, right?

Offline Mikekoz13

• "It's an Indian. The FIRST American motorcycle."
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »
 I'm 57 years old and have been a life long fan of the NFL. First the original Baltimore Colts and then the Baltimore Ravens since they went to Baltimore.

BUT... when the kneeling started it REALLY bothered me. Then when the Ravens took a knee during the Anthem while they were in England it was the final straw. I turned the game off and have not watched even 1 second of NFL football sine. I will NEVER watch the NFL again.

These guys aren't even smart enough to know that they are sinking their own ship.When fans don't show or watch, then sponsorships disappear or get reduced, then salaries will go down, and eventually the league will cease to exist. It hasn't really hurt these guys financially yet but it will. Watch sponsorships disappear next year.

I do want to thank the NFL for giving me my Sundays back! I forgot how great it was to just hang out with my Family, or ride my motorcycles, or get things done around the house on Sunday afternoons.

Proud owner of:

2014 Chieftain #4744, Indian Red
Stage 1 Fish Tail Exhaust
Saddlebag Speakers
Low Back Rest w/ Luggage Rack
Passenger Highway Bars
Infinite Highway Pegs
"Dick's" Passenger Floorboards
"Dick's" Horn Cover Insert

Offline adamus

• Always looking to ride
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »
I'm 57 years old and have been a life long fan of the NFL. First the original Baltimore Colts and then the Baltimore Ravens since they went to Baltimore.

BUT... when the kneeling started it REALLY bothered me. Then when the Ravens took a knee during the Anthem while they were in England it was the final straw. I turned the game off and have not watched even 1 second of NFL football sine. I will NEVER watch the NFL again.

These guys aren't even smart enough to know that they are sinking their own ship.When fans don't show or watch, then sponsorships disappear or get reduced, then salaries will go down, and eventually the league will cease to exist. It hasn't really hurt these guys financially yet but it will. Watch sponsorships disappear next year.

I do want to thank the NFL for giving me my Sundays back! I forgot how great it was to just hang out with my Family, or ride my motorcycles, or get things done around the house on Sunday afternoons.
Damn skippy Mikekoz!!!! With 100%!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:) Chieftain makes my day!!! :)

Offline ThreeChiefs

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2017, 02:26:29 PM »

I was a lifelong Steelers fan until they became the Pittsburgh Kneelers. That's me on the left in '84 a few months before Terry retired.

I seem to be getting a lot further along reassembling my 46 Chief now that I don't watch the NFL.
2016 Vintage with Hannigan sidecar
2014 Indian Chieftain #3274
1946 Indian Chief Roadmaster

AMCA member
Patriot Guard Asst State Captain

“Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching"

Offline Mikekoz13

• "It's an Indian. The FIRST American motorcycle."
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »

I was a lifelong Steelers fan until they became the Pittsburgh Kneelers. That's me on the left in '84 a few months before Terry retired.

I seem to be getting a lot further along reassembling my 46 Chief now that I don't watch the NFL.

I'd love to see that Bike hen done.
I bought my Victory just up the road from ou a few months ago.... Muncy, Pa..
Proud owner of:

2014 Chieftain #4744, Indian Red
Stage 1 Fish Tail Exhaust
Saddlebag Speakers
Low Back Rest w/ Luggage Rack
Passenger Highway Bars
Infinite Highway Pegs
"Dick's" Passenger Floorboards
"Dick's" Horn Cover Insert