Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Indian Police Bike?  (Read 6217 times)

Offline IWI Tavor

• Hero Member-10018
Indian Police Bike?
« on: July 15, 2017, 07:06:35 am »
What do you all think?
HD rules the market on Police Bikes.
Wouldn't it be cooler than shit for Indian to come out with a Bike built for Law Enforcement only?  ( As Indian ruled previously )
Solo Seat,,, Heavy duty this and that, cool paint job.
Damn - OMG.. HD would nut up and bring out the heavy guns..
It would be the last straw.
HD would demand Impeachment.
We would have HD Snowflakes marching in the streets wearing HD/Vagina hats.  :)
Tell me,  this wouldn't piss off HD..

ChiefMotorcycleForum
  • Advertisement

Offline Aussiekeeper

• Hero Member-10018
    Re: Indian Police Bike?
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:11:03 pm »
    Not many PD are using HD any longer.  Most are switching to BMW. They have a very good lease/maintenance program that is cost effective. In addition, they really handle.
    In most areas, the cop has the choice what he/she wants to ride and the choices are narrowing down every year.

Offline pcasamento

• Registered-2
    Indian Police Bike?
    « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:44:57 pm »
    Some departments use Victory. Myrtle Beach PD use them. That would be nice... No reason why they shouldn't. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peace and All Good!
    Peter

Offline IWI Tavor

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:41:13 am »
    Not many PD are using HD any longer.  Most are switching to BMW. They have a very good lease/maintenance program that is cost effective. In addition, they really handle.
    In most areas, the cop has the choice what he/she wants to ride and the choices are narrowing down every year.

OMG.. Where in the hell are you finding BMW Police Bikes.....Hello?
    What Country are you from?
    Certainly not the USA where HD Rules.
    Officer has a Choice?  Really?
    SMH.....

Offline Pocono_ACE

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 08:37:45 am »

SMH.....

I was recently in a parade in Orange County, NY.  It was a rainy day, and as we waited to form up inside a municipal garage a motor officer rolled in on a BMW police bike.  I got into a conversation with him, and asked him this question:  "Tell the truth.  When you're out there on patrol, you're secretly singing the theme song to CHiPs to yourself, aren't you?"

He laughed.

Come to think of it, I remember that Ponch and Jon had switched from Kawasakis to BMWs in that greatest of all reunion movies, "CHiPs '99."

I agree with IWI -- I want to see Indian police bikes, too.
    John

'15 red & black Chief Classic

Gone but not forgotten:
    '01 Honda Shadow ACE 750
    '01 Yamaha Virago 250

Offline IWI Tavor

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:08 am »
    I'm not sure what the rest of the Country uses, but, in N.H. every PD that has a bike patrol has HD's.
    Our State Police were the last ones to switch to them.
    I know DC uses them, I remember watching Trumps inauguration. There seemed to be close to a hundred of HD Side Car Police bikes in the videos.
    LE riding Indians would really cause 'common' every day folks to take notice.
    Nuns, Little Kids, Seniors, all the folks that could care less about Bikes would start to have the Indian image/brand burned into their heads.
    Myself? This is when I first fell in Love with the HD.
    I wasn't even a Teenager yet,  I remember seeing the Police in my town riding HD three wheel servi cars. ( Is that what they're called? ) :)
    Our PD used them in the shopping district. Mostly to issue parking tickets and to chase us little hoodlums on the sidewalks.

Offline ndncowboy

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:24 am »
    I'm not sure what the rest of the Country uses, but, in N.H. every PD that has a bike patrol has HD's.
    Our State Police were the last ones to switch to them.
    I know DC uses them, I remember watching Trumps inauguration. There seemed to be close to a hundred of HD Side Car Police bikes in the videos.
    LE riding Indians would really cause 'common' every day folks to take notice.
    Nuns, Little Kids, Seniors, all the folks that could care less about Bikes would start to have the Indian image/brand burned into their heads.
    Myself? This is when I first fell in Love with the HD.
    I wasn't even a Teenager yet,  I remember seeing the Police in my town riding HD three wheel servi cars. ( Is that what they're called? ) :)
    Our PD used them in the shopping district. Mostly to issue parking tickets and to chase us little hoodlums on the sidewalks.

They use both Kawasaki and Harley here.

Kaw's like this but this one is just a google image.

Harleys similar to this but again just a google image. All black seems to be sorta rare.

Sure would like to see a Indian but I doubt it will ever happen with police wages what they are as they are also the individuals own bike here. So they have to purchase and add everything to make them acceptable. Not easy to do for most. They use them mainly for radar traps here anyways so not likely they'll need it for high speed pursuit. ::)
    "Our Republic was not established by cowards and cowards will not preserve it. This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis
    American Legion Rider

Offline bikesnob

• Full Member-10016
    « Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:27:02 am »
    The city of Glendora, CA uses BMW motorcycles.
    SMH.....
    2017 Triumph Street Twin
    2015 Blue/Ivory Chieftain

Offline bikesnob

• Full Member-10016
    « Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 11:29:41 am »
    The city of Glendora, CA uses BMW motorcyles.
    2017 Triumph Street Twin
    2015 Blue/Ivory Chieftain

Offline RickkciR

• Hero Member-10018
    • Iron Indian Riders
      • Texas Indian Bikers
    « Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 01:16:10 pm »
    During Lone Star Rally last Nov down in Galvestion TX, lot of local cops and Houston cops working the area.   Saw everything imaginable from BMWs to Goldwings.. HDs.. to .... a Hayabusa.  ...   All dressed out with lights, decals, etc.   And they were riding together a few times...   looked pretty bad ass.  But, no Vic in the mix.. and of course... no Indian

Offline Senior Chief Vintage

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 03:22:34 pm »
    In Corpus Christi, TX they use Victory's, Wings, H-D & BMW.
    2014 Chief Vintage #0217
           Springfield Blue

Offline Hwy 2

• Registered-2
    « Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 04:39:29 pm »
    Bmw have been unsed by the local Highway Patrol in Southern Ca. for quite a while now, but recently I've seen a few HD.

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
      • In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
    « Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 04:58:40 pm »
    Know that it was several years ago that the Austin Texas Police department went totally to BMW from HD over handling and heat and braking issues.

>--------->     >--------->     >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

>------->  >------->  >------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

Offline IWI Tavor

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 06:43:38 am »
    Ok, I guess I fucked up.
    NH is totally HD Police Bike only.
    Seems to me, HD isn't ruling the whole Country with their Police Models.
    After seeing President Trumps Inauguration with all them HD Side Car Police bikes, I was thinking HD Ran the show in this area.
    Still though, if Indian decided to play ball, HD without a doubt would be very pissed off.

Offline bwana6

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 08:59:20 pm »

SMH.....

Arizona Highway Patrol is all BMW now and so are many state agency's. The 1600cc one. Flagstaff PD uses a Honda model that looks like a Suzuki Burgman. FL Highway Patrol is introducing BMW's as well.

HD still owns the federal government business and foreign government motorcades. Also military.

BMW has made huge progress in law enforcement sales.