Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: PCVX question  (Read 2230 times)

Offline 2000Chief

• Full Member-10016
PCVX question
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:38:50 pm »
Ok, I like the pcvx, from what I read, I just traded my 15 Chieftain for a 17 Chieftain elite. I had put a power comander on my 15, but will try the pcvx for the Elite. My question is, is the pcvx locked into one bike or can I borrow someone else's that has a simular setup, and use it for my bike?

ChiefMotorcycleForum
  • Advertisement

Offline lenniep

• Registered-2
    Re: PCVX question
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 06:45:11 pm »
    It is locked in to one specific bike. I had the Power Commander and switched to PCVX. PCVX is far easier installation and a superior all around product. Fuel Moto will probably have a black Friday or Christmas sale on the PCVX check their site.

Offline EddieZoom

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:13:53 am »
    Buy from FuelMoto so you have access to their maps as well as the Dynojet ones. They will also support their maps and tweak them to suit your needs.

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
      • In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
    « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:48:23 am »
    Buy from FuelMoto so you have access to their maps as well as the Dynojet ones. They will also support their maps and tweak them to suit your needs.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

>------->  >------->  >------->

Offline 2015Vintage

• Registered-2
    « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:45:26 pm »
    I installed my PCVX today from Fuelmoto and what a difference!!! Easy install and I used a Mac ..

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 11:08:19 pm »
    I installed my PCVX today from Fuelmoto and what a difference!!! Easy install and I used a Mac ..
    Good to hear.

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:03 pm »
    Latest news from FuelMoto for Scout owners.

"As many of you know we have Scout and Scout 60 bikes in our possession and we have been dyno testing and developing our Dynojet Power Vision CX calibrations. I just wanted to pass along some info & updates.

We developed a good assortment of tunes and we have the Scout maps pretty well finished, and we are working on the Scout 60 maps as we speak. We are hoping to have all the backend work finished by then end of the week and we will start distributing maps to customers. We found very impressive gains with the PV-CX on both bikes even in stock form; and with an airbox, exhaust, and PV-CX some of the biggest bolt on gains we have seen in quite a while, we're talking BIG gains for reasonable money.

I'll stop back with some updates & dyno charts thru out the week. Stay tuned!"

FuelMoto

Offline Crazy

• Registered-2
    « Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 08:20:04 am »
    Gday from West Australia, I too run a Mac and have just ordered a PVCX from Fuelmoto, is it a straight forward  setup or will I have to put my thinking cap on?
    Have built and ridden ALL sorts of bikes fro nearly 50 years and my 2014 Springfield Blue Chief Classic IS the best bike I have ever ridden.

Offline Indijoe

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 08:49:35 am »

If I'd known you could use a Mac I would have probably have already installed one!  Doesn't the website say only PC's will do. You just plugged in and downloaded?

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 11:48:35 am »
    When you get the PVCX, you will need to update the software to the latest version, then it will support the Map files just fine on a Mac.

Offline 2015Vintage

• Registered-2
    « Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 07:37:11 pm »
    I plug it in and choose the file; I then sent the information to fuelmoto, two days later I received their new map. I even saved it on my Mac to have a backup of the stk. file