Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Which Dealer in Dallas/Ft. Worth Area?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline DaveTPilot

• Hero Member-10018
  • Life is a blessing. Enjoy it to the fullest.
    • Dave T. Pilot Creative Innovations, LLC
Which Dealer in Dallas/Ft. Worth Area?
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:29:22 am »
Hi Guys,

We have relocated to the great state of Texas! If you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, I would love to hear your recommendations on local dealerships. It's going to be weird having a dealer closer than 2 1/2 hours away...let alone more than one!!
I'm particularly interested in the service department recommendations.

Dave T. Pilot Creative Innovations, LLC

Arrowhead Seat Bolt Covers

ChiefMotorcycleForum
  • Advertisement

Offline geewago

• Full Member-10016
    Re: Which Dealer in Dallas/Ft. Worth Area?
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:08:32 am »
    DFW Metroplex is a big area.  Probably bigger than Rhode Island.  So it would depend what side or top or bottom you're located at.  There are 4 dealers in that area.  I suspect you'd like Lone Star in Garland the best.  Yet you'd probably get better mechanic service at Fort Worth.   I know very little about the dealers in Denton or McKinney or Sherman.

Offline ndncowboy

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 06:04:42 am »
    The dealers at Denton and McKinney  are basically the same. Freedom Power Sports.  The Denton store has a young guy that took it on his own to take the Polaris online training. So he's still learning Indian but has some years as a Harley wrench. Fort Worth Indian is owned by the same people that own Fort Worth Harley. So you might get a good wrench but you also have to deal with the Harley attitude. I know nothing about Garland except they were the first Indian dealership in the area. So if you are used to traveling there is always Gregory Polaris near Little Rock Arkansas. I'm still going to give the Denton store a go for the time being. They do seem to be wanting to do right but I did have trouble with them as they had a major personnel problem I got caught up in. In fact the Denton store has had personnel problems from the very beginning. They may finally have a handle on it but who knows.
    "Our Republic was not established by cowards and cowards will not preserve it. This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis
    American Legion Rider

Offline seefriedm

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:51:15 pm »
    Dave
    Welcome to the DFW area, what part part of town are you in? I'm 10 miles from Big Tex myself m. I've been to all of them and all have had a large turnover of people over the last few years. Some have had great experiences at each and vice versa. Although Freedom owns bothe the McKinney and Denton locations sales and service are quite different. Big Tex had a hell of a wrench who's left to work at D&D exhaust. The new guy is pretty sharp and I've had very good service. FW is to far away and I personally wouldn't go there as many I know do. Others have as I said have had a good experience. Lone Star, well their 60 miles east of me (I live in the Lewisville area off 35e). Some swear by them and others not so much. Message me your number Is like to get together. Some great riding around here in all directions.

Mark

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
      • In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
    « Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30:35 pm »
    Welcome to Texas, hopefully you make it down the 6 hours to the Texas Hill Country someday.

>--------->     >--------->     >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

>------->  >------->  >------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

Offline ndncowboy

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 03:10:03 pm »
    Let us know which dealer you decided to go with and why Mark. I'm always open to suggestions  as such.
    "Our Republic was not established by cowards and cowards will not preserve it. This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis
    American Legion Rider

Offline RickkciR

• Hero Member-10018
    • Iron Indian Riders
      • Texas Indian Bikers
    « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 12:15:50 pm »
    DFW Metroplex is a big area.  Probably bigger than Rhode Island.  So it would depend what side or top or bottom you're located at.  There are 4 dealers in that area.  I suspect you'd like Lone Star in Garland the best.  Yet you'd probably get better mechanic service at Fort Worth.   I know very little about the dealers in Denton or McKinney or Sherman.
    If you have to pick one, Garland ( the "Dallas" dealership ) .  Lone Star Indian.  However, if you want the best of the best , ride or trailer it to Gregory Polaris.  .  .. that's 225 miles for me , and worth it

Offline RickkciR

• Hero Member-10018
    • Iron Indian Riders
      • Texas Indian Bikers
    « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 12:17:19 pm »
    Hi Guys,

We have relocated to the great state of Texas! If you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, I would love to hear your recommendations on local dealerships. It's going to be weird having a dealer closer than 2 1/2 hours away...let alone more than one!!
    I'm particularly interested in the service department recommendations.

where exactly in the area did you move to?