Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: How much does it cost to have a rear tire installed on a Roadmaster  (Read 2993 times)

Offline howie192

• Full Member-10016
Hi everyone.
 I found my rear tire really low on air so I inspected it and a screw has punctured it so I need a new tire at 3000 miles :-(
 I would like to know or have and idea of how much the cost will be to get it done at the Indian dealer or what you guys have paid
So I have a comparison when I contact the dealer tommorow 

ChiefMotorcycleForum
  • Advertisement

Offline 49Indian

• Full Member-10016
    Re: How much does it cost to have a rear tire installed on a Roadmaster
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:51:30 am »
    Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, on my 2014 Vintage. The owner of a local shop picked up my bike on his way to work and with the new tire, tube and labor it was about $285. The dealer will charge full retail for the tire, about $90 for a tube, $18 for new rubber around the inside of the rim, and labor. I would get a quote from an Indy to compare to the dealer.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Hero Member-10018
    • "It's an Indian. The FIRST American motorcycle."
    « Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 12:44:54 pm »
    I had a rear tire put on my 2014 Chieftain last Fall. If I remember correctly.... About $265 installed by my local indy.
    The world is full of dumb asses. Don't let a dumb ass ruin your day.

Proud owner of:

2014 Chieftain #4744, Indian Red
    Stage 1 Fish Tail Exhaust
    Saddlebag Speakers
    Low Back Rest w/ Luggage Rack
    Passenger Highway Bars
    Infinite Highway Pegs
    "Dick's" Passenger Floorboards
    "Dick's" Horn Cover Insert

Offline Chris Foth

• Jr. Member-10015
    « Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 02:33:00 am »
    Check around, one into dealer told me $199.00 the other Indian dealer locally told me $369.00. The Polaris dealer told me $215.00 plus install. Install normally around $55.00 but they couldn't be should on the roadmaster as it would be their first

Offline New User Name

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 08:19:43 am »
    Hi everyone.
     I found my rear tire really low on air so I inspected it and a screw has punctured it so I need a new tire at 3000 miles :-(
     I would like to know or have and idea of how much the cost will be to get it done at the Indian dealer or what you guys have paid
    So I have a comparison when I contact the dealer tommorow

howie192 -

How much did it end up costing you?

Offline RickkciR

• Hero Member-10018
    • Iron Indian Riders
      • Texas Indian Bikers
    « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:19:10 pm »
    Up in Durango, CO.. .. in a jam .... $350 installed, after the smoke cleared... .. no other options

Offline howie192

• Full Member-10016
    « Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:31:17 am »
    It cost me 420.00 dollars installed on the rear, the tire was 300 bucks without labor and about 1.0 labor to install it came to 420.00. They put a factory tire on the bike, the Indian website sells the tire for 350.00.  I did not price the tire elsewhere or aftermarket or even another brand. I think it was fair and honestly I did not want anyone touching my bike but the Indian dealer as they have done all the work on it.

Offline Senior Chief Vintage

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 09:51:40 am »
    It's a shame that you have to pay $400 for one tire every 10,000 miles. I get pissed every time I have to pay $90 for a tube on my Vintage! Nobody else has a front tube to fit that wheel because of the angle of the stem, 30^ or something. Put a cast wheel on the back and I'm looking for something for the front, even though the spoke wheel and whitewall looks good on that model. Hell I just put two Michelins on the wife's car for $320, 90,000 miles.
    2014 Chief Vintage #0217
           Springfield Blue

Offline ndncowboy

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 03:01:18 pm »
    I got screwed really good at a Harley dealer when my rear picked up a bolt that left a quarter inch hole in the tire. I ran that sucker with zero air pressure for 12 miles just to get to a safer spot off the highway. Nearest dealer that had a tire that would fit was Harley. I'm actually ashamed at how much it cost but it was well over $500. Nearest Indian dealer was over 200 miles so they had me by the short ones and knew it.
    "Our Republic was not established by cowards and cowards will not preserve it. This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis
    American Legion Rider

Offline Chris Foth

• Jr. Member-10015
    « Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 08:53:18 am »
    I got screwed really good at a Harley dealer when my rear picked up a bolt that left a quarter inch hole in the tire. I ran that sucker with zero air pressure for 12 miles just to get to a safer spot off the highway. Nearest dealer that had a tire that would fit was Harley. I'm actually ashamed at how much it cost but it was well over $500. Nearest Indian dealer was over 200 miles so they had me by the short ones and knew it.
    I would have said "thank you very much for taking advantage of a broken down traveler, this is one of the reasons I'm not on a Harley"

Offline ThreeChiefs

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »
    Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, on my 2014 Vintage. The owner of a local shop picked up my bike on his way to work and with the new tire, tube and labor it was about $285. The dealer will charge full retail for the tire, about $90 for a tube, $18 for new rubber around the inside of the rim, and labor. I would get a quote from an Indy to compare to the dealer.

$90 for a tube? That's an expensive logo they print on the box. I recently put tires on my 1946 Chief. 5.00 x 16 tube at Jerry Greer's was $26.
    2018 Chieftain Limited
    1946 Indian Chief Roadmaster

AMCA member
    Patriot Guard Ride Captain

“Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching"

Offline 133

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 09:13:43 pm »
    ...from the Indian dealer in Honolulu about a year ago...