Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: King Mountain Indians  (Read 491 times)

Offline New User Name

King Mountain Indians
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »
I saw on the Indian of Charlotte, North Carolina, website that they have some brand new, never-before-delivered Kings Mountain Indians for sale.

http://indianmotorcyclecharlotte.com/Motorcycles-Indian-Chief-Vintage-2010-Lowell-NC-6d236c83-0a22-4b17-8ee1-a786015c2f96

Great looking bikes, especially the turquoise and white, and the sky blue and ivory color schemes.  But they're priced at $33,000+!  Absolutely ridiculous, especially now that Polaris sells a better bike at a sane price (though that same sanity doesn't apply to their parts and accessories).  Sure, the Kings Mountain Indians are rare, but that's because there was no demand for them -- and there was no demand because they were so grossly overpriced, otherwise I'd have bought one in 2008 or 2009.  That was a ridiculous price eight or nine years ago; it makes even less sense now.  How much is a used Kings Mountain worth today?  What would one of these be worth the minute you took it off the dealer's lot?  They're not going to be valuable collectors' items during any of our lifetimes.  Still, they're gorgeous bikes.  Just thought I'd share this and hear what others think of them.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:59:44 PM by New User Name »

Offline Arstaren

Re: King Mountain Indians
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 09:02:54 PM »
They might sell a couple to collectors, but I doubt any more than that! Nutty for all the reasons you laid out.

Offline geewago

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »
Pome seople mave hore soney than mense.  pardon the misspelling

Offline New User Name

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 04:29:28 AM »
They might sell a couple to collectors, but I doubt any more than that! Nutty for all the reasons you laid out.

It looks like they only have a few and they're appealing to the collectors.  They also have a 2010 Dark Horse model for sale at $25,999.  The interesting thing is they give the production numbers:

"The 2010 Chief is very rare with only 340 bikes built in the total production of all models.  Only 1100 total Kings Mountain Chiefs were ever built from 2009-2013..."

I'd like to have the turquoise and white one, but not for more than $15,000.

Online K2V2

• Global Moderator
    • Indian Motorcycle Riders Group of Northern New Jersey
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 06:24:07 AM »
Funny stuff.  8)
Kevin 
Luceo Non Uro - Sparta Elks #2356 - IMRGNNJ Chapter 1910
2015 Indian Roadmaster - Indian Red
2016 Victory Vision Tour - Blue Fire
2008 Victory Vision Tour - Midnight Cherry