Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: LED headlights  (Read 524 times)

Offline Chris Foth

LED headlights
« on: May 28, 2017, 03:10:52 PM »
I love my LED headlights in my roadmaster but.... My son was following me on my roadmaster and on a bright sunny day the white LED headlights are all but invisible. Anyone else notice this.  Yesterday one son on the Vic and I was on the roadmaster following my other son in the truck. Justin (in the truck) said he couldn't see the headlights on my bike but the vid headlight stood out

Offline Chris Foth

Re: LED headlights
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »
So when we pulled into the driveway I noticed the passing lights were not on, since I got the bike back from dealer on Friday morning apparently I now have to turn the passing lights back on every time I for the bike up.  I'm thinking a new dealer is in need. Ever since the dealer installed bag lid speakers (major fiasco rewiring several trips to the dealership to get working) I have had a lot of electrical issues, this seems to be the latest

Offline K2V2

• Global Moderator
    • Indian Motorcycle Riders Group of Northern New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 08:55:40 AM »
...  I'm thinking a new dealer is in need. Ever since the dealer installed bag lid speakers (major fiasco rewiring several trips to the dealership to get working) I have had a lot of electrical issues, this seems to be the latest

Yeah, it sound like you need another set of eyes to look your Indian over. Good luck.
Kevin 
Luceo Non Uro - Sparta Elks #2356 - IMRGNNJ Chapter 1910
2015 Indian Roadmaster - Indian Red
2016 Victory Vision Tour - Blue Fire
2008 Victory Vision Tour - Midnight Cherry

Offline Chris Foth

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »
I'm just hoping it doesn't cost too much to fix their incompetence

Offline Chris Foth

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 03:15:28 AM »
New dealer said that Indian warranty is very lieniant and should cover anything found because it was done by another Indian dealer. However I did let original dealer have one last chance because they had already ordered and received the belt and pulley under warranty. Gave the list of issues, have ridden a couple thousand miles since and have had no issues. My understanding is the new service manager let them know that heads will roll if this bike isn't fixed