Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Post a Pic of your Indian next to a Harley  (Read 45606 times)

Offline Sweetlu

Re: Post a Pic of your Indian next to a Harley
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2016, 11:56:31 PM »

You know you want one Lu
He's demo riding at Rollin' Fast tomorrow John.  This could be the day.  Though we've been saying that for three years! 8)

Lol, Indian needs a fixed fairing model first  ;). Hope one of the demos has the mid-rise bars
05 C50 --> 05 C90 --> 07 FLHX --> 08 GL1800 / 1994 FXSTS --> 2011 FLTRU / 2007 DL650 --> ?

Offline K2V2

• Global Moderator
    • Indian Motorcycle Riders Group of Northern New Jersey
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2016, 07:30:09 AM »

Lol, Indian needs a fixed fairing model first  ;). Hope one of the demos has the mid-rise bars

I don't disagree on the fixed fairing. Maybe with the Indian 4?  8)
Kevin 
Luceo Non Uro - Sparta Elks #2356 - IMRGNNJ Chapter 1910
2015 Indian Roadmaster - Indian Red
2016 Victory Vision Tour - Blue Fire
2008 Victory Vision Tour - Midnight Cherry

Offline RedCloud

« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »

You know you want one Lu
He's demo riding at Rollin' Fast tomorrow John.  This could be the day.  Though we've been saying that for three years! 8)

I hated driving a fixed fairing RG. Def not something I would buy. But thats just me

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Redcloud, 2014 Red Chieftain #6682, Susquehanna IMRG 1903,
03 Harley FB

Dennis

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember. But they kept but one--They promised to take our land...and they took it." Chief Red Cloud of the Oglala Lakota Sioux

Offline LabRat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2016, 09:31:17 AM »

You know you want one Lu

I hated driving a fixed fairing RG. Def not something I would buy. But thats just me

Wasn't my cup of tea either, but I do know that they RGs are set up stock with a more forward position than say the EGlides. For me, being horizontally challenged, I found the position more relaxed on the EGlide/Chieftain than the stock RGs because I had to lean forward more. That being said, it's much easier to swap the bars on a RG to make them more comfortable.
John
'14 Chieftain
Susquehanna Riders - IMRG Chapter 1903

Offline Richrodjkh

« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »
Have a new pic to add you will notice the Harley in the back ground which the girls were supposed to be showing off. Turns out they preferred my Dark
horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Indn

« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2016, 04:26:44 PM »
That is Awesome...
2014 Black Chieftain Black #537
2007 K9 Big Dog

Offline RedCloud

« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2016, 09:38:18 AM »
Have a new pic to add you will notice the Harley in the back ground which the girls were supposed to be showing off. Turns out they preferred my Dark
horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice and can you blame them lol.

Redcloud, 2014 Red Chieftain #6682, Susquehanna IMRG 1903,
03 Harley FB

Dennis

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember. But they kept but one--They promised to take our land...and they took it." Chief Red Cloud of the Oglala Lakota Sioux

Offline bambam0099

« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2017, 08:17:14 AM »
Ok, I know this supposed to be Indian next to a Harley but prior to buying my Chieftain, I had a 2001 Drifter which I loved.   Long story short, no one ever stopped by to look at his bike but I always had people around mine.  "indians" are inherently beautiful bikes!

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."
-Ronald Reagan

Offline bambam0099

« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2017, 10:53:47 PM »
This is what it looks like when a few Harleys try hangin' with an Indian  LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45YoJWzTZ_w
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."
-Ronald Reagan

Offline IWI Tavor

« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2017, 06:03:00 AM »
Indian next to my Harley.

Offline RickkciR

• Iron Indian Riders
    • Texas Indian Bikers
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »
Northern NM .... pit stop

Offline SkipII

• Defining Moments
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2017, 10:02:03 PM »
As of the news today, take a picture of your Ducati next to a Harley and ... cry.
The shortest distance between two points is boring.

Offline Pocono_ACE

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2017, 07:48:57 AM »
As of the news today, take a picture of your Ducati next to a Harley and ... cry.

I hadn't heard, so I had to look it up.

So H-D is looking to buy Ducati.  Do they want to be in sport bikes or not?  They tried it once before.  I guess their thinking is that Ducati is a stronger brand name than Buell, so this venture will succeed where the other failed.

The conventional wisdom is that the traditional H-D customer base is dying off, and it seems no one believes that it's possible to convince millennials of the virtues of a V-twin cruiser. (I'd argue, though, that as they age and their bones start to get a little creaky -- plus they gain some maturity -- their outlook may change).

Anybody know the state of Ducati's business?  Sales trend, strong cash flow, etc.?

I'd like to think that Indian will go after this piece of the market "organically," as they say.  Maybe that's what the talk of doubling the number of models is all about.
John

'15 red & black Chief Classic

Gone but not forgotten:
'01 Honda Shadow ACE 750
'01 Yamaha Virago 250

Offline SkipII

• Defining Moments
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2017, 10:47:56 AM »
With a bit of branding background, may take...

First, the market value of Ducati (based upon the reported offers right now) has nearly doubled over their five years of ownership. The issue is that VW needs cash. Their 2015 earnings were at the lowest level in eight decades, largely over the diesel issue write-downs. They need to invest heavily in new mobility technology, where they badly lag Tesla, Ford, others.

On the H-D side, this is a very questionable move. Bikes are a brand play, the the two brand cannot be more different. H-D's brand is rooted in American heritage, muscularity and tribal community. Ducati is European sensibility, engineering refinement and individuality. The internal analysis might show synergies in terms of dealer network, global production capacity, etc. but the consumer brand obstacles are pretty formidable. People do not buy a Ducati because the H-D was available; they don't buy H-D because they don't want to. Mingling the two brands dilutes both and hardly opens up the market to either. You can't buy love.

This acquisition is the moral equivalent of Hugh Hefner marrying Giada deLorentis.

The shortest distance between two points is boring.

Offline Roadie

• In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2017, 12:05:29 AM »
Two Indians and one Harley

>--------->     >--------->     >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

>------->  >------->  >------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well