Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Headlight upgrade suggestions  (Read 277 times)

Offline bizzare313

Headlight upgrade suggestions
« on: December 12, 2017, 07:19:32 AM »
Hey guys, I am going to upgrade my lights and I'm questioning of what is the best decision. My friend recommended me to use HID lights which is a great choice. He also gave me this site https://www.xenonpro.com/ for me to purchase. Has anyone here have different recommendations which you believe is better?

Offline Roadie

• In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
Re: Headlight upgrade suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »
I switched out the headlight on my 2015 Chieftain to a JW Speaker LED headlight, it's the brightest headlight I've ever had on a motorcycle in 56 years and shines way down the road.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

>------->  >------->  >------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

Offline Pocono_ACE

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 07:58:06 AM »
I swapped out the bulb for the Sylvania SilverStar.  (See multiple threads in here about it.)  It was cheap and I'm happy with the improvement.  It also maintains more of the "vintage" look of the headlight than an LED unit would.
John

'15 red & black Chief Classic

Gone but not forgotten:
'01 Honda Shadow ACE 750
'01 Yamaha Virago 250

Offline bwana6

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »
I swapped out the bulb for the Sylvania SilverStar.  (See multiple threads in here about it.)  It was cheap and I'm happy with the improvement.  It also maintains more of the "vintage" look of the headlight than an LED unit would.
[/quote

Agree there. It does not need to be expensive and I went with the ones a little more expensive, the Xenon bulbs that have the slight bluish glow. Big difference. Also if you have the standard fog lights ( on the 2014 and 2015 Chief models ) going to what you used or the Xenon bulbs really add it more glow.