Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: What kind of mileage is out there and any issues?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Alex#212

Re: What kind of mileage is out there and any issues?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2017, 04:25:46 PM »
I'm at 9,000 miles on my 14 getting 39mpg.  I care about mpg because mine is my daily and has been since i took delivery of it. Shes commuted in Hawaii, California, and now Washington and the only problems I have had is the battery in the fob and on the bike needing to be replaced.  I love this bike and what a huge step up from my old Triumph. The only reason I ride 11 months of the year instead of 12 is my wife giving me the eye when there is ice on the road, but she always has been the smarter one!

Offline 1injun

• 1INJUN
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 05:37:40 PM »
a 14 with 9000miles and you ride 11 months of the year? What onece a month around the block. I'm 85 and have 51000 on a 14,. but thats in  florida.

Offline wrugen

• 2017 Silver Smoke Chieftain
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »
2014 Chieftain 15K ,bad fob, headlight bulb burned out

2016 Chieftain 14 K,reflash and fuel rail check

2017 Chieftain 6K voltage regulator.

Yes I trade often.I've been with the same dealer for years.They are multiline. I've also purchased Triumph and a BMW.
Its easy,i tell them which bike,they tell me how much and the wife writes the check.

I am the luckiest person to have such a great wife,and she rides a Scout!

Offline geewago

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 07:00:40 PM »
2014 Chieftain 15K ,bad fob, headlight bulb burned out

2016 Chieftain 14 K,reflash and fuel rail check

2017 Chieftain 6K voltage regulator.

Yes I trade often.I've been with the same dealer for years.They are multiline. I've also purchased Triumph and a BMW.
Its easy,i tell them which bike,they tell me how much and the wife writes the check.

I am the luckiest person to have such a great wife,and she rides a Scout!

Would you mind letting me be your wifes friend long enough to get a new Roadmaster.  I promise to respect your territory.

Offline Alex#212

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »
9000 miles, i had it in Hawaii for the first year, then San Diego, and now Bremerton Washington.  My miles are low because I have been on sea duty on submarines this entire time so when I'm not at sea it is my everyday ride.  I don't do any big trips or long rides because on the rare chance I am home I try to spend as much time as possible with my wife and two kids.  Would I like to pile the miles on?  Of course I would but life and duty gets in the way so it is what it is.

Offline 1injun

• 1INJUN
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »
Thank you for your service

Offline Senior Chief Vintage

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2017, 10:57:23 AM »
9000 miles, i had it in Hawaii for the first year, then San Diego, and now Bremerton Washington.  My miles are low because I have been on sea duty on submarines this entire time so when I'm not at sea it is my everyday ride.  I don't do any big trips or long rides because on the rare chance I am home I try to spend as much time as possible with my wife and two kids.  Would I like to pile the miles on?  Of course I would but life and duty gets in the way so it is what it is.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Know what you mean because I was career Navy myself. Now I'm retired from two careers and ride when I want, you will be able to also. Also a real man knows family comes first. Respect to you my friend.
2014 Chief Vintage #0217
       Springfield Blue