Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Sad Day For Indian of Salt Lake City Utah  (Read 4967 times)

Online K2V2

• Global Moderator
    • Indian Motorcycle Riders Group of Northern New Jersey
Re: Sad Day For Indian of Salt Lake City Utah
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 06:04:09 PM »
If its any consolation to you SLC people..............LA Indian store closed the other day and now with almost 19 million people in the greater LA area there is one Indian store left. Versus like 43 Harley stores. Wake up Indian corporate !

L.A. was owned by EagleRider who also own San Diego Indian which they are also closing the end of this month.  I pointed this out to Polaris 6 months ago.  I moved our IMRG to El Cajon Indian months ago as we were not being supported by EagleRider.  I posted the anticipated shut down of both EagleRider dealerships and the void it would create on the National IMRG facebook page 6 months ago.  They took the posting down in less than 24 hours.

If you have a good IMRG chapter and the dealership disappears Polaris should allow you to keep your chapter going until you can find a new home.  8)
Kevin 
Luceo Non Uro - Sparta Elks #2356 - IMRGNNJ Chapter 1910
2015 Indian Roadmaster - Indian Red
2016 Victory Vision Tour - Blue Fire
2008 Victory Vision Tour - Midnight Cherry

Offline RedCloud

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2017, 07:31:25 AM »
If its any consolation to you SLC people..............LA Indian store closed the other day and now with almost 19 million people in the greater LA area there is one Indian store left. Versus like 43 Harley stores. Wake up Indian corporate !

L.A. was owned by EagleRider who also own San Diego Indian which they are also closing the end of this month.  I pointed this out to Polaris 6 months ago.  I moved our IMRG to El Cajon Indian months ago as we were not being supported by EagleRider.  I posted the anticipated shut down of both EagleRider dealerships and the void it would create on the National IMRG facebook page 6 months ago.  They took the posting down in less than 24 hours.

If you have a good IMRG chapter and the dealership disappears Polaris should allow you to keep your chapter going until you can find a new home.  8)
I agree Kevin I talked to a few of your crew in Nashville and was told your IMRG was still in limbo since the store closing. I was surprised since you are in a metro area just like LA with lots of potential for sales. Indian needs to get the lack dealerships fixed ,hell I'm still dumbfounded that there isn't a dealership closer to me and John.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Redcloud, 2014 Red Chieftain #6682, Susquehanna IMRG 1903,
03 Harley FB

Dennis

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember. But they kept but one--They promised to take our land...and they took it." Chief Red Cloud of the Oglala Lakota Sioux

Offline ALFIE1138

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »
I'm in Wyoming and in the market for a Road Master or Chieftain.The SLC dealer was the closest to me @ 180 miles.
  I never could understand why Polaris sold a franchise to them to begin with.I was on a Victory at the time when the Indians were rolled out and knew Tri City Performance wanted the dealership.Anyway I called and scheduled a test ride (fall of 2015) on a Road Master and Chieftain.There really was no effort to sell me a bike and when I brought up trade in numbers (2013 Gold Wing with 38k mi) they pretty much laughed me out of the shop lol.
  I drove by there last fall and noticed some dirt work and construction going on. The Indian side was under new management ,the new guy seemed all fired up to sell me a bike ,they were expanding their show room and "sure they'd take a trade in".
  I don't expect the franchise to be vacant for very long.Hopefully someone who stands behind their brand will pick it up.
   I'm still in the market, Sturgis, Fort Collins and Las Vegas stores all seem to want my business.I don't need a dealer next door, Sturgis is 450 mi. and Ft. Collins is 300. 

What about Sawtooth Indian in Boise, Idaho? Actually, I think they are in Meridian.
Perfer et obdura; Dolor hic tibi proderit slim: Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.

Offline bwana6

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2018, 02:33:40 PM »
I'm in Wyoming and in the market for a Road Master or Chieftain.The SLC dealer was the closest to me @ 180 miles.
  I never could understand why Polaris sold a franchise to them to begin with.I was on a Victory at the time when the Indians were rolled out and knew Tri City Performance wanted the dealership.Anyway I called and scheduled a test ride (fall of 2015) on a Road Master and Chieftain.There really was no effort to sell me a bike and when I brought up trade in numbers (2013 Gold Wing with 38k mi) they pretty much laughed me out of the shop lol.
  I drove by there last fall and noticed some dirt work and construction going on. The Indian side was under new management ,the new guy seemed all fired up to sell me a bike ,they were expanding their show room and "sure they'd take a trade in".
  I don't expect the franchise to be vacant for very long.Hopefully someone who stands behind their brand will pick it up.
   I'm still in the market, Sturgis, Fort Collins and Las Vegas stores all seem to want my business.I don't need a dealer next door, Sturgis is 450 mi. and Ft. Collins is 300. 

What about Sawtooth Indian in Boise, Idaho? Actually, I think they are in Meridian.

What about the dealer in Reno ?

Offline Pocono_ACE

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 08:08:05 AM »
Mallesh,

No one has jumped in here with a reply, so I guess I will.

Based upon this post and your other one (in reply to "Indian Police Bike"), I think you may be confused about this whole "Indian" thing.  What we discuss in this forum is the Indian brand of motorcycle -- an American competitor to Harley Davidson -- not motorcycles from/in the nation of India.  (Of course, though, "Indians" are sold in India.  One of our members from your country has one.)

In any case, welcome to the forum.  Hope you like what you see here.
John

'15 red & black Chief Classic

Gone but not forgotten:
'01 Honda Shadow ACE 750
'01 Yamaha Virago 250