Welcome to the Indian Chief Motorcycle Forum

Why join our Indian Chief motorcycle forum?

• Membership is free and easy
  • Get technical support for your Indian Chief or Chieftain motorcycle or search for information before buying
  • Use the member map to find riders near you
  • Participate in our monthly virtual bike show (or at least vote)
  • Get rid of these annoying boxes asking you to regsiter  ;D

More importantly, make new friends!!  This forum has some of the most friendly and sincere people you will ever meet!!

Author Topic: Has anyone recieved the Indian Magazine since the Winter Issue?  (Read 7319 times)

Offline amboyduke

• Registered-2
I received an issue of "HOG" Magazine yesterday, having been receiving "The Enthusiast" and/or "HOG" since the early 70's.  Like many of you, I have owned a whole lot of Harley's over the years, and even became a life member of the Harley Owners Group in the early 80's.  Last October, I purchased a Chief Vintage (because that day I waited over two hours at a Harley dealership to buy another Heritage Classic, and in disgust, after not being waited on,  I found the new Indian/Victory dealership in Chattanooga where I was greeted like Old Family).  On a scale of "One to Ten", I rate the Chief Vintage a "Fifteen".

After a couple of months, I received the IMRG Clock and patches in the mail, a few months later, I received the IMRG Belt Buckle, and received two issues of "The Indian Magazine" in the mail, also.  The last magazine was the Winter issue, but I haven't received one since.  I know that Polaris was hoping the emulate the people over at H-D, promising a magazine based on Indian Motorcycle history, and to expand on coverage of the newer Indian Motorcycles being produced.  We were promised to be kept alert to Indian Motorcycle Rallies, among other things.  But, there has been no "Spring" or "Summer" issues.

What happened?

ChiefMotorcycleForum
  • Advertisement

Offline ndncowboy

• Hero Member-10018
    Re: Has anyone recieved the Indian Magazine since the Winter Issue?
    « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:48:35 pm »
    You better hang onto that one issue. It may be a collectors item. I've never received even one magazine. But I am a late comer.
    "Our Republic was not established by cowards and cowards will not preserve it. This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis
    American Legion Rider

Offline 133

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:50:47 pm »
    You better hang onto that one issue. It may be a collectors item. I've never received even one magazine. But I am a late comer.

Ha.  I never received one and I was an early-comer (eh - speaking of my Indian purchase only!!).

Offline Senior Chief Vintage

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:05:33 pm »
    The one, and only, magazine I received was the one about  Burt Munro. My Vintage was a year old when I bought it. Not a problem for me as I could care less about the HOG crap. BTW, been a Harley owner since 1966.
    2014 Chief Vintage #0217
           Springfield Blue

Offline Warpath47

• Registered-2
    « Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:39:59 pm »
    Now that you mention it no. I have the Burt edition and that's all. Like you I received my HOG mag yesterday.
    2015 Vintage
    2013 Road Glide

Offline Roadie

• Hero Member-10018
      • In Country Vietnam MC - Texas
    « Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:13:16 am »
    Only received that issue about Burt,  none since

>--------->     >--------->     >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

>------->  >------->  >------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

Offline Basshole

• Full Member-10016
    « Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 01:01:54 am »
    Volume 1 Issue 1 is titled OUR HERITAGE. Volume 1 issue 2 is BURT MUNRO and looks like it was issued in October of 2015. I haven't seen anything since those 2 issues.
    If your not doing it, somebody else is...

Offline SkipII

• Hero Member-10018
      • Defining Moments
    « Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 07:40:40 am »
    Polaris has built a superb series of bikes, but clearly does not understand the power of the post-sales brand experience. The stutter-step of the magazine, the poor training of the call center reps, their disingenuous approach to the leather issues, the ill-considered launch of their RiderX app and the very uneven approach to promotions and special events. Oddly, doing these things right is not capital intensive and does a lot to fortify brand loyalty and repeat buying.

I hope they get it figured out soon because they are squandering a huge opportunity for early buyers who want to "invest" in a legacy American brand but are tired of H-D.
    The shortest distance between two points is boring.

Offline ndncowboy

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 11:47:04 am »
    I sure do like what RiderX could have been. It's a real shame they don't or haven't continued to improve it. It had or has potential. I did see this latest recall though so it has potential for sure. But it sure would be great if the service a dealer does while hooked up to that digital wrench was added as service done and here it is automagically.
    "Our Republic was not established by cowards and cowards will not preserve it. This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis
    American Legion Rider

Offline Warpath47

• Registered-2
    « Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 10:13:04 pm »
    Rider X?
    2015 Vintage
    2013 Road Glide

Offline Arstaren

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 11:28:57 pm »
    Hmmmm., I totally forgot about the magazine until you brought it up. I think I have both issues, but haven't seen one this year so far. One more reason not to reup for the next IMRG fee.

Offline SkipII

• Hero Member-10018
      • Defining Moments
    « Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 11:38:36 am »
    Rider X?

It's an app bundled with some other features with the riders.com site that allows you to record your service history and service bulletins. That part si useful. The rider app was tossed in but clearly is not ready for prime time. It appears to be one used initially for snowmobiles where you map out and track a route over land, but it is point-to-point and is not integrated with something like Google maps. Hopefully they'll get a true motorcycle version out soon.
    The shortest distance between two points is boring.

Offline ndncowboy

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 12:33:14 pm »
    It did tell me about the latest recall about a week(maybe 2) before I got the letter. So that part I liked. But it does need some major work to be truly useful.
    American Legion Rider

Offline RedCloud

• Hero Member-10018
    « Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 06:30:16 pm »
    Yea that kind of fizzled out didnt it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Redcloud, 2016 Red Chieftain "totaled my 14", Susquehanna IMRG 1903,
    03 Harley FB

Dennis

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember. But they kept but one--They promised to take our land...and they took it." Chief Red Cloud of the Oglala Lakota Sioux

Offline splitt

• Sr. Member-10017
    « Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 08:04:26 pm »
    It's not over!

I came home today, and what did I find in my mail box. IMRG Volume #2, Issue #1 magazine. (Springfield on the cover)
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him --- better take a closer look at the American Indian."  Henry Ford